Monday, February 22, 2016

16 mm film reflection


            Working and experimenting with the 16mm film has been such a fascinating experience for me. For me, this project gave me a real hands-on idea of the limitless possibilities to manipulate film into something of my own creation. The actual physical manipulation of the strip was both a learning experience and an opportunity that created so many possibilities for creative experimentation. The chance to use oils, ink, and other materials was one of my favorite parts of this assignment and was also a massive source of creative possibilities. Feeding the film into the projector and watching how the different techniques and tools affected how the images were shown really gave me a satisfaction for the work that I put in. I can only imagine the massive amounts of artistic decisions that I can make in the future after becoming further experienced with this kind of assignment. I thoroughly enjoyed working with bleach and discovering how it can affect the images. But the most interesting aspect to me were the different patterns that you can make within the film. When watching the film being projected, I was able to see that in the future, I could strategically use these patterns in a rhythmic method and create something that has visual continuity. What I look forward to the most is how relevant I can make the vast amount of patterns to the narrative in the film. This kind of experimentation is really what has me excited for future assignments in this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment